Friday, June 11, 2010

Friday night thoughts....

Well, here I am again...no followers and still not sure what I'm doing. 

Today was the last Friday of the school year...only 2 1/2 days left next week.  The girls haven't cracked yet, but I'm sure there will be lots of tears next week.  Not only is Riley graduating to middle school, but they are both leaving our home schools to go to Shrine Elem.   Yes, that's right folks...it's parochial school for my little chicks.  We went to the used uniform sale last week and bought lots of great stuff.  They put on their plaid and pleats and ran out in the street to play ball before bed.  I should have taken some pics.  If only they were as sweet and angelic as they looked.  Below is a picture of Riley (looking quite precious) when she sang for the Archbishop down at the cathedral.  She is front and center with the white headband.



Well today was yet another meeting with the Superintendant of Spec. Ed., speech path., ASD teacher, consultants, and even John came to this one.  We were given the news on Wed. that Dylan was not accepted into the other district we wanted him to go to.  It turns out it was a blessing in disguise.  After coming to observe him in his present school, they were puzzled as to why we would want him in their program.  It seems the kids in the age group he would be in are really bad behavioral problems.  Their own disricts couldn't handle them, so they were sent to that center based program.  I HAD NO IDEA.  The last thing I want is for Dylan to pick up old bad behaviors we have worked years to overcome.  Plus, how can anyone learn when there are students beating up the teacher.  We did alot of brainstorming and had a very productive meeting.  It looks like our district is open to most anything I want for his middle school years.  My jury is still out on his new teacher, but we will have to see.  Now I have to decide where I want him to go for his ESY (extended school year) in 2 weeks.  

Tonight, the girls went to "Sib Shop".  It's a support group for siblings of autistic kids.  They get to say anything they want there about their brother.  The girls LOVE going.  Tonight they even had a group for Dylan to attend.  So, I got 2 hours to myself.  What did I do you ask?  Went to Target, of course!  I had to pick up a bday gift for a party tomorrow and some staples to get us through the weekend.

Well, I'm going to go now and see if I can attach a few pictures to this post.  Goodnight to whoever....

1 comment:

Gene Gallo said...

Good job Jen, love your Blog I am proud of you. Now I have another Blog to follow and enjoy.

Sandy will have some one to drop by and take care of her kitties....